The days are getting longer…the temperature’s rising ever so slowly in the Northwest…and the unofficial start to summer is coming: Memorial Day weekend. Why not plan a fun party around your swim spa with friends and family to launch into the coming season?
Here are some hints to plan the perfect swim spa party.
- Head to an online novelty shop and purchase a keychain with a swim-oriented fob. We found a fun assortment of keychains on Etsy.com and Zazzle.com. Send one of these in an envelope with a swim-inspired invitation to your potential guests.
- Stock up on some oversized beach towels, just so you have plenty on hand. Target has some terrific towels in bold prints designed by Nate Berkus.
- Plastic drink ware is always a good idea outside near the swim spa. We’ve got a great selection on our E-Store.
- Serve up fresh fruit kabobs, along with sparkling waters, and perhaps some homemade lemonade & iced tea. (I’m sure you can think of some refreshing drinks for the adults too!)
- Have a few extra suits around just in case someone who thought they just wouldn’t take a dip gets suddenly inspired to do so.
- Beach balls, ring toss games and other water proof recreation is always fun to add to increase the social interaction between old and new friends alike.
- If your event is going to go from day to evening, you might want to consider adding a couple of outdoor heaters to the area, to help keep guests warm and outdoors as things cool off.
These are just some helpful suggestions. Once you have your party planned, take some pics of the event and let us know what other fun touches you added to personalize your event—we’d love to see the pics and hear your ideas!
We hope your Memorial Day is full of splashing good fun!