Have a weekend picnic around your hot tub or swim spa
We like pointing out little know holidays and events. Last week we talked about Relaxation Day…but did you know that the entire month of August is National Picnic Month?
We think it would be fun to invite some friends over for a backyard picnic, and incorporate your hot tub or swim spa into the festivities. Why not? The summer is waning, and we should take full advantage of the outstanding weather we’ve enjoyed while it’s still here.
Here are some things we think would help make a fun picnic setting:
- You can find all kinds of terrific picnic themed items right now at Party City. Everything you’d need—plates, napkins & tablecloths in the classic red gingham iconic with picnicking are available
- Of course, you’ll want to keep beverages ultra cool and ready to quench everyone’s thirst. A YETI Cooler will absolutely do the trick. And, you’ll find tons of other ways to use it for years to come. If you need nice plastic drinkware, we have a good selection on our E-Store.
- Finger foods are a smart idea. Fruit kebobs, cubed cheese, cold meats (pepperoni, salami, salumi, prosciutto), crackers, sliced watermelon, and grapes are all great ideas. Cupcakes can offer up something sweet.
- Games that incorporate swim spa and hot tub use can be fun. If you can get a badminton net & temporarily affix it to the sides of your swim spa, you’ll have an instant water volleyball court! Water proof playing cards and other pool toys will help make the environment festive. Water Frisbee in the swim spa would be a hit as well.
- Of course, a rubber duck as a party gift for all attendees would be a fun touch!
- Add some great music (and maybe some citronella candles to keep any unwelcome insects at bay) and you’re set!
We’ve got a few great weeks of summer remaining. Enjoy it!