Aaahhh…swimming! It’s just so much fun! And…swim spas give you a way to enjoy some of that splashy fun in your own backyard. And here’s the good news—there are a variety of ways that using a swim spa can benefit your health. Here are five great reasons to own a swim spa.
- Weight Loss. It’s true! Studies show that people usually burn two calories more per minute in activity in the water than they do on land. Not only will it tone your body, it will also help you lose weight and creates less stress on your joints. Doing exercises in the swim spa, as well as swimming against the powerful current a swim spa can generate will definitely assist you with your weight loss goals.
- Relief from Chronic Pain. It’s a reality for many people…unrelenting pain that persists, either from a previous injury or other issues that are sometimes hard to identify or diagnose. The warmer water of a swim spa, along with the massage from jets aid in stress relief and helps the body relax. This offers up temporary relief from chronic pain, as well as soothe achy muscles and stiff joints.
- Rehabilitation from Sports Injury. The weightless environment of chest-deep water can be very beneficial when dealing with a sports-related injury. Buoyancy relieves much of the stress created by gravity, and allows for terrific stretching and the ability to work injured areas with much less pain and greater fluidity. Jetting can massage affected areas and increase circulation, aiding in the body’s natural healing.
- Orthopedic Surgery Recovery. Getting back to regular activity after orthopedic surgical procedures can be a bear. Increasing mobility after knee, hip, or shoulder surgery is a lot easier, thanks to losing 80% of your body weight in water. You can use the jets for resistance exercises, and perform stretching exercises much more easily in a swim spa. It could also help reduce inflammation.
- Arthritis & Fibromyalgia. Neither of these conditions are fun. Using a swim spa to combat the issues that result from both of these maladies is! The warm water and jet massage of a swim spa can help with a lot of the issues that are chronic with both of these conditions: stiffness, swelling, redness, pain, tender joints, muscles & tendons. All can benefit from immersion in the water of a swim spa. It will also help increase range of motion on arthritic joints.
Our line of Hydropool Swim Spas can definitely help with these health issues and more. Take a look at the entire line, and visit one of our showrooms to take a firsthand look at Hydropool. Or, if it’s more convenient, set up an appointment for an in-home consultation from a member of our team. We’ll come to you and determine the right swim spa answer for you.