Thanksgiving is a time to gather with friends, family and take the time to re-connect with folks you may not get a chance to see much during the crazy days of your life. We’d like to offer up some extra ways to give thanks this coming Thursday.
- Ask a family member to write a unique poem or prayer to recite prior to sitting down to Thanksgiving dinner. Offering a chance for everyone to stop for a moment and reflect with some heartfelt words will set the mood for a great dinner.
- Make extra room at your table for someone who doesn’t have anyone to share Thanksgiving with: a widow, single person without family nearby, a friend who has recently lost someone close to them, or someone you know who just seems to find themselves alone during the holiday.
- Ask individuals that attend your Thanksgiving festivities to share their favorite Thanksgiving story or memory. Stories that help us remember someone fondly, or are especially funny can help make the day even more special.
- Watch a great feel-good movie together. Or, find the new feel-good movie at your nearby movie theater.
- Take a walk through a local park or around a local pond or lake. Take in the beauty of nature, and give thanks for the world we enjoy every day.
- Volunteer at a local charity that helps feed the homeless and the hungry on Thanksgiving. Giving cheer to others is important every day, and especially at this time of year.
- Identify a new charity to support, either with your time or your money. There are thousands of great organizations that will welcome your support. You can find ideas a www.volunteermatch.org.
However you celebrate the holiday, take a moment for some personal reflection and give thanks for everything that has transpired in the last year, both good and bad. Every day we live—and the challenges and celebrations of each of those days—shape us and make us unique individuals.
Oregon Hot Tub gives thanks as well! We thank and appreciate everyone who makes our company a vital part of Oregon & Southwest Washington’s community: our customers, our great employees, our vendor partners, and our friends. We could not do what we do without all of you!
Our best wishes for a safe and healthy Thanksgiving!