Not surprisingly, February happens to be Creative Romance Month. With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, why not incorporate your hot tub into a special Valentine’s Day date? Here are some ideas to make the time special.
- Start with the invitation. A card created by you is always a personal touch, but if you’re not highly creative, stick with a nice card from the local card shop. (Spend a little more for a card with extra design and special touches!) You could always attach the card to a rubber duck for some extra cuteness.
- Create something refreshing to nibble on during the soak. Fruit is always such a great refreshing finger food while soaking, and since most fruit is full of water, it also helps with hydration. Kabobs made with brightly colored fruit are terrific: honeydew, kiwi, star fruit, cantaloupe, watermelon, grapes, strawberries are all excellent choices. Want to do something dramatic? Consider ordering one of the fruit arrangements from Edible Arrangements. Something that looks like just the right size is the Lovely Daisy arrangement. Check it out!
- Something refreshing to sip is a great idea as well. I love the idea of Pomegranate Bubbly. Easy to do—just mix an equal part of champagne and pomegranate juice together! Or, for a non-alcoholic version, substitute club soda for the champagne. Need plastic champagne flutes? We have them here!
- If you have a tub with a sound system, put together a special mix of your honey’s favorite music (even if it’s not your favorite!) to play on the sound system during your time in the tub.
- Aromatherapy can always enhance the experience, especially if it’s something you don’t always include in your regular soaking. We’ve got a terrific array of Spazazz Aromatherapy to choose from perfect to help create a special hot tub date.
- Yes, your hot tub is terrific at massage…but we have the idea you might be as well. Take the time to check out some great simple back and neck massage techniques and offer a little shoulder rub in addition to what your terrific hot tub jets will offer.
- And finally—just be with each other. It’s a great time to get away from everything, disconnect, unwind, and rediscover why you became a couple. It will make Valentine’s Day (or any date night) very special!
Happy Creative Romance Month!