Big Green Egg For Yummy Peach Cobbler For Thanksgiving!
Everyone always talks about making your turkey for Thanksgiving on the Big Green Egg. (We’ve even posted a blog with a recipe for turkey making last year – check it out!
Even though it’s colder out and may not be always on your mind, your Egg can be used for other things to complement that turkey! While the bird may be the staple of the meal…certainly the day’s festivities need to always be finished off with awesome desserts! Here we offer up an alternative to pumpkin pie…a good ol’ peach cobbler, whipped up with the help of your Big Green Egg. Give it a try—and let us know how it is!
Have a safe & happy Thanksgiving from all of us at Oregon Hot Tub.
Peach Cobbler on the Big Green Egg
What you’ll need:
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar (divide into two ¾ cup portions)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 cups fresh peaches, peeled & sliced—about 4 large peaches (You can substitute canned peaches if needed, drained)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Pre-heat the Egg to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven or a cast iron skillet.
- Combine flour, ¾ cup sugar, baking powder & kosher salt in a medium bowl. Add milk and stir only until the dry ingredients are fully incorporated. Without stirring, pour the batter mixture over the melted butter.
- Heat the remaining ¾ cup sugar, peach slices, lemon juice, lemon zest, cinnamon & nutmeg over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until the sugar has melted & the ingredients are fully mixed. Then, also without stirring, pour the peach mixture over the batter.
- Bake in the Egg for about 15-20 minutes; then check it as it bakes. The crust should form over the peaches during baking. Continue baking until crust is golden.
- Remove & sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired.
Don’t forget the ice cream!