On National Proposal Day, why not propose in your hot tub?
March 20th is National Proposal Day. One of the reasons this day was chosen as Proposal Day is because of the Vernal Equinox, when the day is comprised of equal parts day and night. The equal measure of day and nighttime hours is said to be representative of the equal efforts required of two to comprise a successful marriage.
Here’s one thing we know: many couples find some of the most meaningful conversations and opportunities to reconnect are when they retreat to the hot tub to finish off the day. Well…why not incorporate the hot tub into your special night? Here are some ideas to make a hot tub proposal an unforgettable one:
- Take the opportunity to prepare a romantic setting. Spread rose petals to the path leading up to the hot tub. Get a special bouquet of your love’s favorite blossoms and place them on a table near the hot tub.
- Have bubbly waiting on the table chilled with two champagne flutes (plastic ones just to be safe).
- If there’s a special song that has significance, make sure you have a way to play it at the right moment, either on your hot tub’s sound system, or perhaps secretly make it the ringtone on your loved one’s phone and call it at just the right moment.
- Pick a unique way to reveal the ring. Perhaps it could be floating from a ribbon around the neck of a rubber duck…? Sitting in the bottom of the champagne flute…? Stored somewhere near the hot tub within your reach to grab at the right moment?
- When it’s time to pop the question, it will be a lot easier to get down on one knee floating in the toasty water of your hot tub. And—you’ll both be glowing from the soak and the special conversation you share leading up to the big question.
If any of you have been waiting for the perfect time to ask your forever love to marry you, and you choose to make it a hot tub occasion, do drop us a line and let us know what you did to prepare the big night! We’d love to hear you recount the magic moment!
Best wishes for a special, heartfelt “Will you marry me?”