Easter Ham on the Big Green Egg
Easter is just around the corner! If you’re planning an Easter feast for your clan and your friends this coming Sunday, why not break out the Big Green Egg to make the perfect ham? Here’s a terrific simple recipe we found called “Mona Lisa’s Glazed Smoked Ham.” Give this a shot and treat everyone to the perfect centerpiece for your Easter dinner.
What you’ll need
- A good 10-12 lb ham
- 20 oz can of pineapple—sliced rounds
- 1 jar of maraschino cherries
- 2 boxes of brown sugar
- See your Egg for indirect cooking at 350°F
- Line baking pan with aluminum foil
- Rinse ham in cold water and pat dry
- Mix your brown sugar with the juice from the pineapple rounds into a thick syrupy glaze.
- Place the ham in your baking pan and layer the surface of the ham with the pineapple rounds—set a cherry in the hole in each pineapple round
- Pour the glaze over the entire ham and loosely cover in foil
- Cook on the Egg for 3-4 hours; baste the ham with juice from the pan every half hour
- Remove from the Egg and let stand for 30 minutes before slicing and serving